How to reserve a room:
First, Reserve onlineSorry, the hotel is booked up. Please email the Hotel Liaison to be placed on a waiting list.
- Second, if you have any room requests (like a room in the quiet, buffer, or party block, or prefer a specific floor, king or double bed, or whatever), email the Hotel Liaison. Make sure to include:
- The name the reservation is under.
- The room type you are hoping to get (King/Double)
- Your other requests (if any)
Bear in mind, you have until the 22nd of April to cancel your room reservation without incurring a penalty.
Alas, with the close of Penguicon 7.0 it has become apparent that we have outgrown yet another hotel.
It is with a great deal of excitement, however, that we enter into a relationship with the Troy Marriott in Troy, MI. We have been able to take advantage of a fantastic new function-space layout to create some amazing programming. A new ConSuite promises a better flow along with more food and beverage, there are more function rooms for even more interesting programming going on at once, and 250% more guest rooms, so that even more of you can be in the main hotel, rather than being forced into an overflow hotel.
You can make a reservation online through their reservation system by 1 April, 2010 for our special group rate of $88 per night. If you call for your reservation, please ensure that the hotel staff is aware that you are looking for the Penguicon room block. Important Notes:
- Cancellation: If you have to cancel a reservation, it must be done prior to the 22nd of April, 2010 or you will incur a two-room-night penalty (in very rare occasions, exceptions can be made).
- Reservations must span both Friday and Saturday nights. No reservations will be honored for only Friday or only Saturday night without prior approval.
- Your noise preference must be passed on to the hotel liaison. Asking the hotel for a quiet room will not get you a quiet room.
Please specify your room-type preference to the Hotel Liaison (as in King/Double and Quiet/Party/No Preference). Most importantly, please recognize that the hotel is hosting a convention, and will undoubtedly get noisy. Please specify that you would like a quiet room if you wish to be away from the noise. Likewise, if you want to be in the thick of things please feel free to specify that as well. Please contact our Hotel Liaison if you would like to be placed in a quiet area, this is important!!! Please contact our Hotel Liaison if you would like more information about the hotel.
Please contact our Room Party Coordinator if you would like information about throwing a room party.